Disclaimer

All the information contained within this blog is intended to be general in nature and should not be used as a substitute for a visit to the doctor. The views expressed in this blog are personal views of the author and are not related or directed towards anyone in particular. Although every effort is made to ensure that the content within this blog is accurate, but it is not official in anyway. Please consult a doctor or health care provider.

Wednesday 22 October 2014

Illuminated Memories

22nd October 2013. Few days left to Diwali, people were busy cleaning and decorating their houses with flowers and colorful lights. Market abuzz with women and children shopping, festivities in the air. Oh! it felt so good- not anymore.

At my home- life had lost its meaning. Everyday was just the same. The sun came up but had no brightness. And then it went down.  Even the air that entered my home had lost its fragrance. The roses that my father had raised with love over the years had started dying as if they knew the known but unsaid.

The room which once was filled with giggling sounds had become so gloomy and dark. The chair which once was forever occupied by papa( and nobody could make papa leave his chair- not even a fight with mom) now became my constant companion. The newspaper for  which I fought everyday with papa now lay unread for days.  The bed, which papa was the first one to leave every morning now became his world. And their, I sat watching papa depart- never to come back.

Rightly is said, it's the circumstances that decide our happiness. Diwali had always been my favorite festival. It always brought so good memories with it. I loved everything about it- the aura, the feel, the mild winters, scent of earthen diyas, sweet smell of flowers and the lights . I love colorful lights. I hate darkness. Every year papa would buy different lighting accessorize and then me and papa would put the lights.

Every evening, I would  switch on the lights and at night papa would switch off the lights. The twinkling of colored lights...I am so fond of it. I would joke, Laxmi ji will not be able to find her way to our home. And papa would say, laxmi ji can come in the morning, let her also sleep she must be tired. ( I miss you papa!)

The sweets, the food- ma and papa made, I was the first one to be served. It felt so good. Papa always said, I looked exactly like my granny(dadi) and my mom was very close to my granny-  I was the special one! And now...... I wait! Where are you papa?

Diwali will never be the same again. 

Without you Papa, celebrations are worthless and happiness is incomplete. 

Love you PAPA!

No comments:

Post a Comment