Disclaimer

All the information contained within this blog is intended to be general in nature and should not be used as a substitute for a visit to the doctor. The views expressed in this blog are personal views of the author and are not related or directed towards anyone in particular. Although every effort is made to ensure that the content within this blog is accurate, but it is not official in anyway. Please consult a doctor or health care provider.

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Candle in the wind

To START, mine's was a nuclear family, so the only relationships i knew during my growing years,  were my parents and my two brothers. I never fell short of any emotion or feelings, and everything made sense. Life was complete in its own right. My father was a govt. employee and mother is a homemaker. Not much money, minimal luxury and lot of love and affection. I was happy!

We laughed, we talked, we ate together, we argued …papa was the binding force. He asked, and he told. He was a guide and a friend. He knew where his children were…even when we were miles apart.  He was always there for us. No matter where we left, he knew where to begin…life was in all going at its beautiful best.And then...life changed!

Papa, left us too soon, days before when things have began to settle. And every thing seemed like a fairy tale…all his  children were well settled. He was a grandfather now. He talked and she giggled. He sang and she would sleep. He would play and she would get more excited. He clapped and she clapped. His grand daughter, who became the centre of his life. The only person who made him smile, though faint ( he was too weak to laugh)…though his sore lips would hurt, but he  would smile….just for and she would understand.

Life took a U-turn, and now I am starting again….without PAPA!( Though I can never, my  world will never be perfect...but...if et all life was free of IF(s) n BUT(s)

This moment when i am writing, I just remember a song by ELTON JOHN..which i want to dedicate to papa… To, my superhero dad...the extraordinary person, he was...and to the difference he made to my life..our lives....

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the rain set in
And I would have liked to have known you
But I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your legend ever did"

love you papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment