Disclaimer

All the information contained within this blog is intended to be general in nature and should not be used as a substitute for a visit to the doctor. The views expressed in this blog are personal views of the author and are not related or directed towards anyone in particular. Although every effort is made to ensure that the content within this blog is accurate, but it is not official in anyway. Please consult a doctor or health care provider.

Saturday 23 August 2014

Chapter 4 - Mumbai

After chemotherapy started, i felt relaxed and wanted to concentrate on others forms of treatment. Like Naturopathy, Immunotherapy, Tibetan medicines and whatever i could find in my research.

I had no idea, but wanted to try -so decided to research, and research as i much  can till i find the “elixir” that will brand my father as the “SURVIVOR". I would surf different websites whenever i was not with doctor’s. I bought books. I joined forums,  started talking to doctors and people who were patients or were related to the patients in someway. But before this i wanted to take my father to a famous hospital in Mumbai.

There is famous saying, the grass is always greener on the other side. Papa was receiving treatment in the  best hospital of Delhi and second best in India. But i wanted the best for my father, no matter what it takes. And when i have the option, why not take it. My younger is settled in Mumbai.

I was determined.But before that i had to take permission from the doctors, as papa was already undergoing treatment. The doctors were reluctant, but eventually agreed with some conditions and gave me a list of precautions to be followed. I had to return in a week, for the next phase of chemotherapy. 
It was decided, we were going to Mumbai. I was excited and had this feeling that taking papa to Mumbai will prove to be a turning point in papa’s treatment.

Things were not favorable, traveling by plane was absolute “NO”, and procuring train tickets on a short notice was very difficult. But as they say "When there is will, there is away”. I got the tickets. We were to travel on 5'Feb2012. All required documents, prescription, medicines were packed. And here we come Mumbai.

The train got cancelled for some technical reasons, and our plan got delayed by 3 days. Amidst all this hustle bustle, we travelled to Mumbai. Though i was little concerned about my daughter traveling by train for the first time, but it turned out fine. She had fun and next morning we arrived in Mumbai at 9-915am.

We took taxi, reached my brother’s home  around 11am. Since my brother and his wife, both work. The neighbor came to deliver the keys. Papa was tired because of the long journey. We insisted on taking rest.  But papa, was too excited to see the new apartment my brother recently purchased. He gulped the medicines and started to find flaws in the new house. He did find many only to tell my brother in the evening ( papa had this critical streak).  I miss the times  when papa, mom my brother’s and me would argue and then laugh out loud…very loud. Only if I could stop time and live in the moment….

Miss you Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment