Disclaimer

All the information contained within this blog is intended to be general in nature and should not be used as a substitute for a visit to the doctor. The views expressed in this blog are personal views of the author and are not related or directed towards anyone in particular. Although every effort is made to ensure that the content within this blog is accurate, but it is not official in anyway. Please consult a doctor or health care provider.

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Chapter 3 - The bond

A few days ago while reading, i came across this beautiful quote, which i would like to share.

    Sometimes, it’s not the person we miss
   It’s the feeling you had when you were with them. 

It made me think!. Since i started writing this blog, i have only written about the difficult, painful and bad times of our lives. But that's not all. We did have great fun. We were happy and have a lot of beautiful memories to share.

My father was a central government employee with a fixed salary coming at the end of the month. We were three siblings, all studying in a good school. After the monthly expenses, very little (money) was left to spend on luxury or buy expensive toys. But still papa did his best to get the best for his kids. Every evening, he would spend time with us. He was always an involved parent and took keen interest in our lives. 

Before settling in Delhi, we were based in Pune. In Maharashtra, there is a culture of small girls playing with these toy steel utensils. All my friends had this beautiful collection and i too wanted it for myself.    
It was difficult to build the collection in day. For that i had a plan. Every morning, i would write on a piece of paper and put it in my father's pocket. In the evening, papa would get me the toy. This continued for months. One evening, for some reason papa couldn't get the toy, which i wanted so desperately. 

When he came home, I asked him at the door itself, as was the routine. I became very sad, papa  sensed it. That very evening he took me to the market and i bought the toy. I was happy, very happy( that age, when toys make you happy, and now when i come to think of it,  if only i could exchange that happiness with my father's life ). Few years later, books ( i love reading ) replaced these toys and i was least concerned where these toy( once my prized possessions) were lying. 

Papa and I always shared a special bond ( blame it on the genes, father -daughter) but still there was this unsaid understanding between us. He always knew, what i wanted and in his best ability, gave me everything I laid my hands on. I tried my best to make him proud, may be not completely but i tried.

Today, when i think of all those happy times we spent. I realized, that i have a treasure full of memories which are enough to last a life time. But what is wrong if had a few more spilling out of the box.

Btw, i still have all those toys utensils. My parents retained them all through these years and gave them to my daughter ( my own walking, talking toy) when she turned 2.

Love you papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment