Disclaimer

All the information contained within this blog is intended to be general in nature and should not be used as a substitute for a visit to the doctor. The views expressed in this blog are personal views of the author and are not related or directed towards anyone in particular. Although every effort is made to ensure that the content within this blog is accurate, but it is not official in anyway. Please consult a doctor or health care provider.

Sunday 10 August 2014

Chapter 1

Next few days, were spent in looking  for the right hospital and a good doctor.  On  7December 2012, i with all the reports visited this doctor. At the entrance gate, i couldn't control my tears. Hundreds of people from all over the world were scattered everywhere, from the garden area to waiting lounge, from the bill counter to cafeteria. The expression on their faces was not very difficult to read, some had those freckles which were born after bearing constant pain for a long time and some had this confused expression as of what to do next or where to go next? And my expression was why am i here?

I was very disappointed, but had no choice but to look for this doctor. He was the senior most doctor and at the billing counter( where file was made), I was informed there will be a long que. It was on third floor, I decided to take the stairs...thinking that may be by the time i reach , my stars would change and doctor will say that the report is incorrect. Anywas after waiting for 3hrs, I was called inside...and what the doctor said, I still remember..Your father, has got no time, only thing we can do is make his going away less painful!


Wiping my tears, I gathered myself and i asked, how many days papa has?
The doctor said, may be a month, and if he responds well to medication may be 6months and if god favors him, its 9months. Then he has to go.....

Exactly after 6 months, papa never got off from the bed. Cancer, what started form Gall bladder has moved to pancreas, liver, lungs and then to bones. His back bone was completely gone and papa became bedridden....


Initially he tried to sit with the help of a belt.But failed....he started getting bed sores..they were painful. Papa was in pain...and he started asking us to relieve him of pain. He wanted to die..a man so strong, heavy built, height of 5'8''....lay on the bed..helpless!

What is more painful!, ...I sitting next to papa unable to do anything for him...he was disintegrating every moment and asking for his death. What i said, Papa don't worry we will sail through...together

I had no words, inside i was dying myself..i started living in constant fear that what if he never woke up.  It was my routine for months, to call papa as soon as i woke up. At times i would record his voice. And one fine day, what seemed a perfect day, papa had juice after not eating for months, he smiled ...and i knew  it was time. He became a star- the brightest star - MY PAPA!

No comments:

Post a Comment